As work evolves, so do the tools we use to get it done. We asked Harvard Business Review Analytics Services to find out what kind of impact this was having on business leaders and their organizations.

HBRAS surveyed 718 of its readers to discover what they thought about the rise of ‘social collaboration tools’. The results were near-unanimous. 95% of people working in large organizations use social tools today, while the remaining 5% are exploring them for future use.

95% of people working in large organizations use social tools today. The remaining 5% are exploring them for future use

“These social applications allow people to work not just faster and cheaper, but also in ways they simply couldn’t have before,” says Heidi Gardner, who is a distinguished fellow at Harvard Law School’s Center on the Legal Profession. She’s also the author of a book on the topic, Smart Collaboration: How Professionals and Their Firms Succeed by Breaking Down Silos.

“The technologies allow cross-organization collaboration with experts within a firm,” says Heidi, “as well as across organizations, that can securely and creatively solve problems in real time.”

Workplace, of course, is at the cutting-edge of collaboration technology and organizations are using it to drive transformational impact across all departments, functions, and geographies.

Check out our infographic to learn more about how business leaders are responding to the opportunities created by these new tools.

Download the full report for further insights and HBR‘s unique analysis.

What's next

Read more Success stories

CEO insight: HOYTS builds connected and productive culture from the top

We meet CEO Damian Keogh to see how HOYTS Cinemas is using Workplace to connect casual frontline workers to the rest of the business.

Read more Product updates

Watch Flow 2018 in 90 seconds

Watch the Flow 2018 sizzle reel featuring Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, bestselling author Daniel Coyle, brand new Safety Check for Workplace, and more.